20jan18 This Is Hell
- 9:15 - Author Liz Fekete sees the far right not fighting against the European state, but working within it.Liz is author of Europe’s Fault Lines: Racism and the Rise of the Right from Verso.
- 10:05 - Jacobin writer Meagan Day dismantles means testing, incrementalism and other fixtures of neoliberalism.Meagan wrote the recent articles The Bureaucratic Nightmare of Incrementalism and Targeted Social Programs Make Easy Targets for Jacobin.
- 10:35 - The Radical Pessimist, Kevan Harris examines the labor roots of Iran's revolt of the periphery.Kevan co-authored the report Voter Behaviour and Political Mobilization in Iran for EIRG and co-wrote the article How years of increasing labor unrest signaled Iran’s latest protest wave for Washington Post.
- 11:05 - Political economist Gordon Lafer explains how corporate politics bought America, state by state.Gordon is author of The One Percent Solution: How Corporations Are Remaking America One State at a Time from Cornell University Press.
- 12:05 - Historian Terence Keel explores the pre-modern Christian origins of modern racial thought.Terence is author of Divine Variations: How Christian Thought Became Racial Science from Stanford University Press.
- 12:45 - In a Moment of Truth, Jeff Dorchen envisions the future for humanity that will suit him.Jeff's movie comes out next month. He wrote it!
More Program summaries are in the archives.
INDYRADIO The future of radio belongs to us. The newest playlists are linked at http://radiocron.stream